Life's too short to eat bad food - Me

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic - Arthur C. Clarke

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Burger Smackdown Update

It is one week until the Great Burger Smackdown. Much of my product is in hand. I will need a few bits of produce as the week goes on, and Dave Cloy has my meat hanging, and will prep it for me Friday. I have done a test run of the condiments and other ingredients. This is going to be fun!

Am I being coy, secretive, evasive, PARANOID? After all I was in Law School, a place where if you get up to use the head you might come back to find your notes gone. Of course I am paranoid!.

Actually, not really. I kind of figure that my fellow contestants don't want to be distracted by what I am planning any more than I want to be distracted by what they are doing. Look, if I try to go head to head as a "chef" with Mike, I lose, and I deserve to. Andrew is a dedicated amateur and knowledgeable food writer, similar to where I come from, but with the potential of a Rocky Balboa knockdown. I hope to thread the needle.

The bottom line is that I look at this as a picnic with friends (new and old). And I am bringing Pomegranate Margaritas!

Keep watching the skies!

No comments:





Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
- Arthur C. Clarke

Life's too short to eat bad food -
Me