Life's too short to eat bad food - Me

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic - Arthur C. Clarke

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Be careful what you wish for . . .

You might get it! I have mentioned Andrew Z. Galarneau before, a writer for The Buffalo News often on the subject of food. He did a piece a few weeks ago about the best burger in Western New York. My favorite was number two in his rankings.

But, Andrew is also a blogger. He did a post after his article asking for input. After a mention of Grover's, the number two above, and a "homer" vote for Bill Grey's from my birthplace of Rochester, I suggested that the best burger in Buffalo was to be had off my backyard grill.

This is not self confidence - the worst e-coli bearing hockey pucks are best served off your own backyard grill with an audience of friends. But, what I didn't expect was getting invited to participate in the first annual Burger Smackdown between Andrew, me and Mike Andrzejewski - the best cook in Buffalo.

Now I am going to take them down - big time (no, I am sure I am going to get killed). But, the bottom line is that, wherever we sourced our beef, whatever ingredients we choose, ultimately this will be an event with friends - new and old - hanging out, having our kids running around, talking Bills and Sabres or the BPO.

My God, isn't that what food is supposed to be about?

Oh, Michael and Andrew - you are toast! (No really - I don't have a chance!)

Scotty

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

D-mn, I was supposed to have a meeting in Buffalo this summer and was going to find you.

They have moved the thing to Albany.

Andrew Galarneau said...

You're goin' down, punk!

Unknown said...

I'm feeling a little nervus about cooking meat ! I might have to incorporate rice somehow.Anyway this wioll be big fun ,best thing about cooking with other people is you always learn something different ,not always good but different . Good luck guys, thios will be a hoot! Mike A

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! If I were local I'd offer to judge. :-)





Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
- Arthur C. Clarke

Life's too short to eat bad food -
Me