Life's too short to eat bad food - Me

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic - Arthur C. Clarke

Friday, April 25, 2008

Home For Passover, Part Three - Chopped Liver

My favorite recipe for Chopped Liver is from Itzhak Perlman, via the Frugal Gourmet Jeff Smith (yes I still acknowledge him). My change is that I do the onions first. They are sauteed in schmaltz until a deep golden brown. The livers are likewise sauteed until barely pink in the center. When cool, I run them through the grinder attachment for the KitchenAid (I need a nickname for that honey) along with hard-cooked eggs and gribenes when I remember. Salt, pepper, cayenne and brandy are my usual seasonings. It lasted 'til Tuesday . . .

No comments:





Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
- Arthur C. Clarke

Life's too short to eat bad food -
Me