Life's too short to eat bad food - Me

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic - Arthur C. Clarke

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Oh S**t!

Anybody in or around the food and restaurant industry knows this stuff happens. A business gets in trouble, purveyors no longer extend terms, money goes out and doesn't come in. You can close your doors and file for Chapter 11 protection, or you can do something really stupid. It's not just anonymous chef/owners - it can be someone famous like David Ruggerio. Or it can be someone like this.

The problem is that Kevin is a friend. I have his home phone number on my refrigerator. I almost went into a restaurant with him in 2001. Heck, he came to my restaurant for his first date with his (now) wife so I would cook that dinner.

He did the right thing in owning up to his acts. My thoughts are with him, his wife and two year old child. He has a good support system here, and I think he'll be OK.

Yeah, both the cook and the lawyer in me can understand how this kind of thing happens. But, how stupid . . . . .

1 comment:

paul said...

wow Scotty, that's pretty f-ed up





Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
- Arthur C. Clarke

Life's too short to eat bad food -
Me