Life's too short to eat bad food - Me

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic - Arthur C. Clarke

Friday, March 21, 2008

I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich. - Matt Groening

I love sandwiches, whether or not they were invented by John Montagu, 4th Earl of Sandwich or not. They can be on bread or toast, a bun, roll or bagel, it doesn't matter. Banh Mi, Cuban, Croque-monsieur, Panini or PB&J, I love them all. I also love flatbread wraps, but as we all know they are not sandwiches. Of them all, my favorite is the Reuben. Some may disagree, but this is my choice, and I will stick to it.

Sonny, true love is the greatest thing in the world-except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomato is ripe - Miracle Max

The Corned Beef is leftovers from the home cured one I did for St. Patrick's Day. The cheese is Jarlsberg, which I have mentioned is my favorite all-purpose swiss-style cheese. I am still having trouble finding my favorite sauerkraut, Strub's, so I picked a bagged, refrigerated kind. Not great, but better than canned. My biggest regret is the bread. It was store-bought from Wegman's. Not a bad product, but I spent a lot of time making my own loaf of sourdough rye - only to find out I had forgotten to add salt. It is the third or fourth time in the last two or three weeks that my wife or I have had senior moments remembering to add salt when baking!

The Thousand Island is made with Hellmann's (known as Best Foods west of the Rockies), a splash of lemon juice, a teaspoon of horseradish, two tablespoons of Weber's Hot Piccalilli Relish (my secret ingredient) and Ketchup.

The sandwich was delicious! So join me and hoist a Dr. Brown''s Cream Soda!

No comments:





Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
- Arthur C. Clarke

Life's too short to eat bad food -
Me