Life's too short to eat bad food - Me

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic - Arthur C. Clarke

Monday, March 3, 2008

Lacking in Taste

I am finally recovering from a week-long bout with the flu - fever, chills, dripping nose, sluggishness, the works. But for me the worst was the loss of both appetite and taste buds for the duration. Even my usual solution - Cholula (or any of my homemade hot sauces) - was of no help.

I can handle the slow deterioration of my hands, and thus what knife skills I have attained, over time. I can accept the other various aches and pains that come with age. But the loss of my sense of taste would really freak me!

ETA - it wasn't, after all, the flu, but the beginning of a bout of Pneumonia!

No comments:





Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
- Arthur C. Clarke

Life's too short to eat bad food -
Me