Life's too short to eat bad food - Me

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic - Arthur C. Clarke

Monday, January 4, 2010

West Side Story

Today, all day I had the feeling
A miracle would happen
I know now I was right. - Tonight
Well I finally made it to the West Side Market in Cleveland over New Years and it was everything I hoped for and more. I have already written of my hopes for a return of the central market. But I don't see it happening soon.

Aside from seafood, it trumps my beloved Reading Terminal Market in Philadelphia (OK it's a seaport - I know).

The variety of offerings was overwhelming. Really. And because I was unprepared, I bought little. But it does prove that a real City market can exist, and the gives me hope.

But, Susan and Brian also introduced me to the existence of Charlie's Gourmet Garlic, right around the corner from them. My supplies include German White, Music and Sussanna Soft Neck. What a hoot! I have just started playing with it!

Cleveland is good for food!

No comments:





Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
- Arthur C. Clarke

Life's too short to eat bad food -
Me