Life's too short to eat bad food - Me

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic - Arthur C. Clarke

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Cole Porter

Anything goes in, anything goes out, fish, bananas, old pyjamas, mutton, beef and trout - The Other Cole Porter

Or, as Jesse Jackson might say "If you love to eat, you'll have to excrete". This is a Public Service Announcement. When you hit 50, get the colonoscopy. It took me almost 2 years despite friends and family assuring me that it wasn't that bad. Chad Ward, author of the wonderful "An Edge in the Kitchen" - perhaps the best book on how to deal with knives available - took the time to remind me of Dave Barry's famous column on the topic. Read it again.

It really wasn't that bad. In fact for me it was better than some of those who told me it wasn't that bad. I think it helped that flatulence is second nature to me. Look, as Barry say you either have cancer or pre-cancer, or you don't. If you do early treatment can be a lifesaver. If you don't, you will sleep better.

I know. I'm clean. Plenty of meals left to prepare and eat.

'Nuff said!

1 comment:

Warner (aka ntsc) said...

The second time is even easier.





Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
- Arthur C. Clarke

Life's too short to eat bad food -
Me