Life's too short to eat bad food - Me

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic - Arthur C. Clarke

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Shameless Exploitation in Pursuit of the Common Good - Paul Newman 1925 - 2008


Know him best as Hud? Hondo? Butch? Harry? Fast Eddie? Basil? Ari? Harper? Reg? Or Cool Hand Luke? He was Actor, Husband, Race Car Driver, Father, Political Activist, and somebody who enjoyed cooking. So much so that he parlayed it into a multi-million business whose after tax revenues are distributed to charities. Not bad for a guy who tuned me off hard-boiled eggs far a few years . . .

The Failure to Communicate is permanent now, rest well Mr. Newman.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew of him prior to Butch Cassidy, but that was the first movie I 'saw' him in. Paris in 1970, with French subtitles.

Scotty Harris said...

My first exposure was when I saw Exodus - being Jewish, that stuck with me. Odd that a boy raised in a Kosher home loves playing with pork so much, nu?





Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
- Arthur C. Clarke

Life's too short to eat bad food -
Me