Life's too short to eat bad food - Me

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic - Arthur C. Clarke

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

What If You Drove Three Hours To A Penzeys . . .

and didn't buy anything for yourself!

I love Penzey's, and have shopped with them by mail for years. When they opened a retail store in an eastern suburb of Cleveland, OH it just added another bonus to our visits to our best friends in another Cleveland suburb (not that we needed one). But, as I did an herb/spice inventory, I found that I didn't need anything. So, we just bought some as gifts.

ETA: of course when we got home, I found I DID need one thing . . .

7 comments:

LIVE TO EAT said...

Penzey's is great, Scotty. I too have shopped by mail and in a few of the stores. It's like being a kid in a candy store.

Happy New Year!

Michael

Anonymous said...

FYI, the link in your post is broken.

Wishing there was a Penzey's close to where I live...

LIVE TO EAT said...

This is the link I use, I hope it works for you.

http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penzeys/shophome.html

Michael

Scotty Harris said...

Thanx, Christian. I fixed the link. There was an extra "http" in the address, thanks to Blogger automatically supplying it.

Michael, I often refer to it by that same metaphor - and it's a candy store where you can smell a sample. My problem is that as much as I like their spice blends, I, with one exception, prefer to blend my own, and my stocks of the basics are in good shape.

It doesn't outweigh the cost savings of buying it when vacationing in an area that has a store, but I do miss the samples they usually include in a mail order.

Jon in Albany said...

Any of you buy paprika from Penzy's? I was thinking of trying some out, but they have a few different types. Any preferences?

Scotty Harris said...

Jon, you want the Hungarian Sweet. (I haven't bought it in a while because every friend/business acquaintance of our who vacations near a spice emporium has gifted us paprika).

I will say that the Smoked Spanish is a great product, and fun to play with!

Jon in Albany said...

Thanks. I get most of my spices bulk at a health food store but I didn't like their paprika. I used to get a Hungarian paprika at the supermarket but it disappeared a few months ago. I'm almost out.





Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
- Arthur C. Clarke

Life's too short to eat bad food -
Me